Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bye Bye 2009

I decided to write one last entry before the New Year. 2009 is about to be gone and 2010 will be here in just a couple of days. 2009 has been quite the roller coaster for our family. On February 18th, I laid on the sonogram table to find out why I had a negative sonogram the previous day. We were given the news that there was zero chance that the baby that I was already so very attached to was not going to live. We held on to faith, but the Lord had a different plan for Jonah Myles. He went to Heaven after only 10 minutes of being in our arms on May 23, 2009. Heaven received another beautiful Angel!! I also lost both of my Grandpa’s this year, my Brother-In-Law left for Iraq and as of today I no longer have a job (our office is shutting down here). I have been told many times – “I don’t know how you have made it thru everything”. Well honestly, it’s been the hardest year of my life, but with the good man above, I have made it and will continue on with a smile on my face. Don’t get me wrong, I still cry, and cry often, but tears never hurt anyone. I think I smile more than I cry, so that is a good sign I think. I’m very thankful for everything that I have been thru and I can say that with all honestly because I know God has a plan for me and my family. It’s times like these when you realize how much you really appreciate your family and friends. I have the best family a girl could ask for and of course friends!! I could not have made it without you!!!

Today is my last day at work and it is so sad. Not just because I won’t have a job, but the people I work with, I’m going to miss so much. My “roommate”, Amanda, has been there thru everything this year and I could not have asked for a better friend. She has listened to me cry, laugh, cry again and is always there no matter what. It’s been nice to share an office with such a wonderful Christian woman. I’m going to miss you Amanda!! I am also going to miss everyone at Reznick, it has been such a pleasure to work with you all!! I hope I find a job soon because as of now, we (Jamie and I) both have to work. It’s hard to find a job, and then learn new people, etc. But I’m excited for the future.

We recently went thru the holidays. Thanksgiving was good; we were able to see my Brother-in-Law, Wesley. He came home for his 2 week “vacation” from Iraq. It was so special being there to see my little nieces faces when he got off the plane and down the hall area. My Sister-in-Law and nieces, and of course Wesley have been thru so much being apart from each other. Luckily he will soon be home and I think we are never going to let him go again. :-) I have much respect for the men who have been in uniform and the ones currently in uniform. Thank you for what you do for this country!! Christmas was wonderful, with the exception of missing my baby so very much!! We had some good times with our families, sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, got some good gifts, and just remembered the true meaning of the season.



Me and my Hubby @ the Pumpkin Patch












The boys waiting on the Pearl Christmas Parade
(The one on the right is Cameron's friend lol)













My boys and my beautiful nieces












Hayden & Cameron decorating the tree :-)














Cameron excited on Christmas Day!!













My Mawmaw with her Grandkids and Great-Grandkids (that live in MS)











Hayden VERY excited on Christmas Day!!















Hayden and Mommy :-)









Here at the end of this blog note and the year 2009 – I want to thank everyone again for being so great to me and my family thru the bad times this year. It has meant so much to us. I’m so very thankful for my life and everyone in it. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming year and I can’t wait to see what the future holds.

Love and Peace :-)

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Jennifer! I think of you often and pray for God's abundant blessings over you and your family for 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete